Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Determination is Everything

My title for this post honestly speaks for itself... I have shocked myself with how well I am handling everything and for how far I have come in only almost four months. This update will be short and random mainly because a lot of little things have happened along the way.

First off, I got a tattoo! It's small, but I love it. Purple ribbon with my diagnosis date and it couldn't be more perfect :)



On Sunday I move back up to Seattle to start my semester at Cornish and I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to make it back. Yes I am having an alternate schedule, but I will be in the environment that I love so much and that's all that matters. I beat the odds because of my determination.

Since I'm moving back soon, I have looked back at my past summer, of which I don't remember most of, and am shocked. It's almost impossible for me to think about where I was at in May to where I am now. I am honestly a completely different person. I have always had a huge work ethic, but I have learned to push through so much more than I thought possible. If I could make it through these past four months, there's nothing I can't accomplish. The world is at my feet, my cards have been dealt, and now I get to see what I can do with it.

Now that I am able to comprehend more and think about my future with Chiari, I have seen how much I personally want to educate the world around me about this chronic condition. I really want to use my blog as a way to connect people together and to help people understand my journey. As of late, I have been thinking that after I graduate with my BFA in dance from Cornish, I have a strong urge to get my Masters in Communications and possibly become part of a non profit organization or maybe even start my own to get more neuroscientists to research Chiari. Again, this is all in my dreams, but it's SO important for me to do this. Dance is for sure my calling, but I now need to share that calling with this new one. This dream is looking even brighter now because South Sound Talk, a local website newspaper focused on positive news/stories, is writing an article on my journey and I am beyond blessed for this opportunity! (More info. to come in the later weeks!)

Alrighty, last but not least, yes I am going back to school, but September is a HUGE month! September is Chiari awareness month! In fact, Niagara Falls will be lit up purple on September 3rd in honor of Chiari awareness month, and that just so happens to also be my 20th birthday! It was meant to be! September will also be the month that my article comes out (which I will of course share here) and that will be the jumpstart to my path of educating others. For the first time in a long time, I'm excited for what is to come. Thank you all for coming along on this journey with me! #CMstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment