Friday, April 29, 2016

10 DAYS

We are almost at single digits for my countdown to surgery! Classes here at Cornish ended today, well mostly. Finals week is next week but classes aren't held during that time, just optional ones. Tuesday I was very frustrated with myself so I decided to push through just about the entire Modern class, which I very quickly found out was a huge mistake... Luckily I don't have a chance to do that again. It's beyond challenging being in such a passionate environment and not being able to act on it. I just have to keep telling myself how great it will be when I am able to come back full force (easier said than done...).

In the meantime before surgery I am doing everything I can to keep myself healthy. Extra Vitamin C, extra sleep where I can get it, and really just relaxing. I am prepared to be a bit more anxious than normal these next 10 days. I know I am in such great hands at Swedish Medical Center, but it's normal to be scared out of your mind. I am so so SO appreciative of all of the love, support, hugs and prayers I've received. Thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart.

A lot of people have asked about what exactly happens in the surgery, so I found a really great websites with tons of information and one of these websites has a great ANIMATED (hehe) video of the surgery itself. Check them out!!

All about Chiari-Offical Site!
http://www.conquerchiari.org/index.html

Video:
http://www.methodisthealthsystem.org/body.cfm?id=3595#vm_A_a9c1d47d



No comments:

Post a Comment