Wednesday, April 20, 2016

It Gets Worse Before It Gets Better

Well it is safe to say that today and yesterday have thoroughly kicked my butt. I woke up yesterday with a decent amount of energy and it was great! Around 3pm however I went downhill. Everything became still, especially up and down my entire spine. My eyes became extra sensitive to any light, I was incredibly nauseous, my head was pounding, and when I stood up it felt as if I would fall over at any second. It actually scared me. I had never felt this bad in my entire life. Chiari was definitely winning.

That night things just continued to get worse. I fell asleep around 9:30pm (YAY) but didn't stay asleep for long. I proceeded to then wake up at 11pm, 1:30am, 2am, 3:30am, 5:30am and then 8:30am... The pain was awful and I couldn't stop crying all night. I read that a lot of Chiari patients have a hard time when weather changes, particularly when it gets hot. Well, combine that with a hot Seattle day, a hot dorm room, and an even hotter and stuffier bottom bunk and I was screwed. I woke up this morning with my back and neck screaming at me, my stomach hating me, and all I could do was cry. I couldn't get out of bed. I had my friend bring me some breakfast that I hardly even touched.  As of 5:30pm now I can move around my dorm a bit more, but I get overheated pretty quickly and my stomach still doesn't like me and when I do eat, I don't really taste the food anyways.

All of this will in the end make me stronger, I just am not a fan of the past few days. I'm praying for a better sleep tonight and to start to feel better soon. Thank you all again for your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment