Wednesday, May 18, 2016

9 (10?) Day Post-Op

Well hello everyone. Most of you guys have an idea of the things I have been going through the last  five days or so via the quick Facebook updates my mom and I do here and there, but in this post I'll go more in depth about what was happening and into my personal thoughts throughout this experience of recovery thus far.

I left off with it being Friday and me going out to Oliver's adoption. It was so important to me that I went to it, but it wasn't the best idea for me. I was in a lot of pain the whole rest of the day and it wasn't being able to be controlled well. Saturday was a bunch of the same deal. Suffering with intense head and neck tightness with the sharp surges of pain throughout the muscles that were effected by the incision. I went to bed Saturday night with the hope that Sunday would be a much better day, but Sunday was ten times worse. The sharp surges were never ending and I was unable to relax and breathe through them since the pains were so piercing. I was more nauseated than normal that day but I later found out why when I threw up intensely. After I puked, my mom called the on call neurologist at Swedish to make sure I was okay and to see what next steps to take. He believed that the reason I threw up was from the amount of pain I was in and told my mom to keep me at the highest dosage for my narcotic and to email my surgeon's nurse personally. I email Chelsea, Dr. Delashaw's nurse, and she ordered me more nausea medication and prescribed me the same muscle relaxer that I was taking in the hospital.

Once I had all of those medications in my system, by Monday mid-afternoon I was feeling more under control. I wasn't a fan of the fact that I was relaying on medicine to keep me going, but I'm telling myself that it is what it is and it will be better soon.

On a side note, it's been really awesome being able to hang out with my mom and just relax all day. I've been really good about saying positive thoughts in my mind, but today it became a bit harder to consistently think happy thoughts. I won't go into to much detail, but I just hope I have the continued support I currently have all throughout the summer. It's going to be a tough emotionally and physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment