Tuesday, May 31, 2016

3 Weeks & 1 Day Post-Op Update

Well it's been 3 weeks! This past week I have been able to be up and around more. I have been able to run errands with my mom and have felt good enough to actually put nicer clothes on. We are trying to wean me off my oxy and slowly but surely it's working. My stomach currently hates me so I'm really trying to stop the oxy to hopefully help with my discomfort.

In all honesty, the challenges I have been facing this week are more mental/emotional then anything else. It's really tough seeing all of my friends go out and have fun adventures and be able to do normal things. I'm not a person who has ever not been doing something. I can't drive, I can't hike, I can't dance, I can't do any of the normal things I could do in the past and it's driving me absolutely crazy. I'm also just now having the realization that this surgery might not even be successful... Only about 40-50% of patients find complete relief and that really freaks me out. To know that I am going through all of this pain and sickness and it might not even be 100% successful is really hard. I'm naturally a very positive person and I have been throughout this journey thus far, but I did have my break in that positivity a few days ago. It was bound to happen anyways. I prayed extra that day. God has been so good to me and I just have to have faith in Him to keep lifting me up. Thank you so much for the constant prayers and support. I can't be any more blessed :)

#CMstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment